Paleo Friendly Vegan Roasted Onion and Cashew Sauce
A twist on the favorite Indian dish, Malai-Kofta
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1 tsp grated ginger paste
- 1 tsp grated garlic paste
- 3 cloves
- 1 small stick of whole cinnamon
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 1/2 tsp whole coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- Grind the whole spices listed above in mortar and pestle (if you have one) or use any mixer
- Sauté the onions till it's medium brown
- Add ginger and garlic paste to it and continue mixing them up for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix turmeric and other ground whole spices and sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add cashews after sautéing everything
- Now, take that from the pan into the jar with an immersion blender and blend it till the sauce is completely mashed, thick and creamy
- Make some Wunder Nuggets as per instructions on the back of the package.
- In the picture shown here we have used Minty Lentil but you can pair this sauce with any Wunder Nuggets variety.
- Create a layer of sauce at the bottom of the bowl and place Wundernuugets on top of the sauce.
- Drizzle some plain coconut yogurt on top to garnish (or not - totally optional).
Have fun with your kids in the kitchen as they can help you make this meal in 10 minutes!