Vegan Kale Pesto Pasta with WunderEggs
For a burst of flavor, our Vegan Pesto Pasta is a must-try. Fragrant basil, spinach, garlic, and walnuts mingle to create a luscious pesto sauce that coats every strand of pasta in a green, herbaceous hug. Topped with WunderEggs, this dish showcases the versatility of our plant-based eggs, bringing a creamy and satisfying element to your pasta bowl. Get ready to savor the delightful combination of vibrant flavors in this plant-based pasta dish.
Make the perfect vegan pesto pasta with kale and plant-based egg substitute, WunderEggs! WunderEggs are the world's first vegan hard-boiled eggs made with whole foods and nuts. WunderEggs are a ready-to-eat snack and pair well with avocado toast, salads, and even pasta.
Plan the perfect pasta night with this amazing recipe created by Crafty Counter founder, Hema Reddy.
- 1 cup Lacinato or dinosaur kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups giant heap of fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 4-5 garlic cloves if medium to big sized; 6-7 if smaller size cloves
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
For the pesto, the sequence of adding ingredients into a blender makes a difference in the end result.
1. First, add garlic, kale, and olive oil to the blender.
2. Once roughly blended, add basil and spinach.
3. When the above are chopped (doesn’t need to be smooth at this point), add walnuts.
4. Blend until it’s a smooth paste.
5. Add nutritional yeast (or plant-based parmesan cheese), salt, and pepper.
6. If the above mix is difficult to blend or is too thick, add a little water or more olive oil.
7. Blend until smooth again.
8. Taste, then, adjust with a little more nutritional yeast or salt as needed. Be careful with nutritional yeast, it can become pungent if it’s excessive. Increase as needed in teaspoon amounts.