Vegan friends, you're not gonna want to miss this one! If you thought you'd never have a bit of an egg salad again, we're happy to report that you can now have your egg and eat it too!
Our WunderEggs are the perfect plant-based swap to recreate this classic dish. Intrigued? Follow the below recipe and see for yourself!
- 6 WunderEggs halves
- 1 tbsp (roughly) chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or basil (or substitute ½ teaspoon dried dill). Adjust to taste
- 1/2 tbsp spring onions (or chives)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup plant-based yogurt (we like Forager Cashewmilk yogurt)
- 1 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon yellow or 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Sourdough bread
- Vegan butter (to toast bread)
Heat a medium cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium heat.
In the meantime, butter both sides of your bread.
Chop WunderEggs into into small cubes and toss into a bowl with all of the ingredients (except bread and butter).
Mix it all together until creamy.
Once skillet is hot, add your bread slices and lightly toast both sides (~1-2 minutes) — this develops flavor and crunch on both sides of the sandwich.
Remove bread from the pan and spread a semi-thick layer of WunderEggs salad on one side of both slices of bread.
Top with desired herbs and enjoy hot. Best when fresh.
- Fold the slices together to make a sandwich.